Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunny days at home with Taylor...

Yesterday, Taylor was looking out the sliding back door. She then came running, "rain, mommy, rain....come see." The neighbor had their sprinkler on, Taylor thought it was rain. Daddy took her outside to see the sprinkler. She enjoyed walking around, "walk grass" she says. Apparently, she ran in the neighbor's sprinkler too.

Later, I went outside to spray the weeds. Daddy took Taylor inside. Daddy said, "where's mommy?" Taylor said, "there is...foun mommy." While she and daddy were watching out the window daddy told me Taylor said, "love you mommy." That was the first time she said it all by herself. I was so sorry I missed that.

Today while we were getting ready to go outside and play Taylor said, "I love you mommy." I was so happy to see her little smiling face and hear those words.
I was trying to clean a Little Tykes kitchen for her and she was playing with her ball and a little wagon. She would stop when I said stop and she never went into the street. She would want to walk away and she would say, "bye bye...be right back." She did get in trouble once for going where I told her not to, but after that, when I would say "no" and tell her to stay where I could see her, she would come back. We are making good progress in minding.
At nap time, she kept saying, "go nigh-night" and wanted into her bed. This not our usual routine. I kept checking on her and would make her Eeyore sing. She would say, "bye-bye" to me...it was so cute. She was trying to go to sleep all by herself with all her blankets and Eeyore. Eventually, she called for me and then I was able to cuddle her off to sleep.

No comments: