There are morning hunts and evening hunts. In the morning, Ben leaves before we get up and is back around 10am. That's not too bad. Except for the part where he gets up every 30minutes (literally) to check the clock, but only between 2am and 4am. Yes, that IS disturbing. Therefore, I bought him a little clock he can put next to his side of the bed so he wouldn't have to get up. He could just look over and see it...I thought.
It is a little flip clock, and it even has the temperature. I was very happy to find that for him (a reason for shopping). Who knew that little clock would make such a loud SNAP every single time he opened it and closed it! So, I wake up each time he snapped that little clock. Then, I feel him reaching over me to check on Taylor, which wakes her up. What the heck?? Is he completely against me getting any sleep? Later, he told me he was cold and he wanted to make sure Taylor was warm enough. He is thoughtful. Yes, "family" hunting camp is great fun...UNLESS YOU ARE TIRED AND WANT TO SLEEP.
I didn't know why he kept opening and shutting that little clock. Oh, oh...it's because he had clothes on his little side table so he didn't have room for the little clock to sit open for viewing. He doesn't put his clothes away at home, so why, oh why, would I think he would put them away while camping. We camp in a trailer...with little closets for storage for things like clothes.
When Taylor and I arrived this past weekend, I noticed there was limited seating around the table. It wasn't until later I noticed all the empty closets. I asked Ben about this. He looked around and said, oh, I guess I could put my clothes in there. Yep, that's what I do, but I'm not hunting. Maybe his are special clothes you don't want to put away. I don't know. I do know I am done going up to hunting camp this year. Camping is fun when we are all on the same schedule and spending time together, but not when one of us is anxious to go find elk and cannot sleep.
When Ben finally gets up, he puts on his head lamp. Yes, that IS bright. He prepares sandwiches, and coffee, etc. I think I'm going to finally be able to fall back to sleep. Then he shines his bright little head at me to ask if Taylor and I are warm enough. He is thoughtful, and bright...and yes, it was cold. A happy wife is a well rested wife, and there is not much rest with a man who cannot sleep because he is ready to go hunting.
Taylor loves camping and being outside, much to her father's delight, it is fun. Kayleen is great with Taylor...here she is blowing bubbles for Taylor...
There are dogs too...labs and a couple cocker spaniels. Taylor would put her hands up every time a lab would get close. She got hit a couple times with a tail. She put up her hand, "stop doggy, stop..go way." She liked the cocker spaniels, which she called "baby doggies." She would follow them around, "come here baby doggy...baby doggy so sweet."
Kayleen shared taffy with Taylor...she liked that..."mmm candy."
My cousin Rick is cleaning dishes (ha ha). Taylor calls him, "Ricky Ricky."
Now, I am home and Ben is not. I spent the day cleaning and rearranging toys and furniture. I fluffed the pillows on the couch. They will stay that way too...until Ben comes home. I love him and I will miss him, but oddly, there is much less cleaning to do when he is away. Hey, I guess I am on vacation too.
No comments:
Post a Comment