Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Chestnuts for Spiders

I took Taylor to the park to get some chestnuts. I was told they help keep spiders away. I also researched this on-line as well. Some say it's a myth and others confirm it works. Chestnuts are pleasant enough, so I decided we would put some around our doors to test the theory. We had done some yard work this past weekend and I'm sure I upset a few spiders. With the colder weather, I don't want them looking to come inside. While we were at the park, Taylor played a little too. I wanted to walk over by the lake. As we were walking, we were suddenly in the middle of, I'm sure, millions of little flying gnats. It was HORRIBLE! Taylor started crying because she got one in her eye. I was trying to get away from them, but they were everywhere. Yes, everywhere! I got the bug out of her eye, just in time to get one in my eye. So gross! Now, Taylor is holding my hand while covering her face and eyes with her other arm. I'm trying to lead us away from the bugs. We were covered in them. I was wearing a white jacket, so I know. We stopped for a second so I could get some off her face and she tried to hug me. I said, "Taylor, no...they will squish." And, a few did. So, we continued walking. When I got to the car I shook off our coats and got them all off of Taylor. I put her in the car, and still traumatized, she asked, "Are they in our car?" I assured her they were not. I tried to make sure they were all off of me before I got in the car. As we were getting ready to drive away, we saw another mom pushing a stroller with a small child. Taylor said, "Oh no, mommy, look! The baby is going to get bugs in her eyes."

No comments: