.jpg)
This is Matthew 17 years ago (5 years old), at his Kindergarten graduation in 1993 from Harvest Christian School. I remember this so clearly!

He grew up so fast! He has always been polite and sweet. I could take him anywhere, and often did.

We were in California then, so of course we went to Disneyland not long afterwards...

Here we are 17 years later. Matt has accomplished more at this point than I would have expected. I was sure he would go to and graduate from college, but I thought he would be living at home, so we could help him out more. He moved out the first time in December 2005, six months after he graduated from high school. He moved back home a couple months before I had Taylor in 2006. Which was nice so he could experience his new little sister. Then he leased my cousin, Lorinda's house for a year, until he bought his own house in December 2008. He has worked full-time while going to school full-time. He is very responsible, but I know he has fun too! We are so very proud of Matt! Ben took Matt out to breakfast and dropped him off for rehearsal. Here we are waiting for the graduation ceremony to begin at Lewis-Clark State College...

I did get a little teary eyed a few times during the ceremony. I have such a strong sense of comfort knowing Matt is so responsible and doing what is right for his future.

I was taking video so Ben snapped a couple of pictures...

Afterwards, of course, I took as many pictures as they would all tolerate!

Matt makes me so proud. Not only for his graduation from college, but on many of his decisions in life and what he stands for and his commitment to God. I love that he still remains close to all of us, while he has been so busy.

Taylor was very happy to see the table of cookies after the ceremony. She selected chocolate chip.

Ben and Matt...

Ben, Taylor, Me and Matt...

Grandma (Jeanette) and Matt...

Taylor saw a few balloons, so grandma took her for a little walk until they found one for her...

Matt and Taylor...and her blue balloon...

I was so excited and happy...I wanted to keep taking pictures...

As we were walking back to our car, I saw the little red church....and got a couple more pictures...

I have another picture of Taylor and her grandma on these steps when Taylor was a baby, but in that picture, Taylor is holding some flowers...

While we were waiting for Ciao Mambo to open, we stopped by Caddyshack for a drink and some garlic fries. They were so good!

Taylor ran around a bit at Caddyshack. We were a little concerned about her sitting still when we went to Ciao Mambo. They brought her a plate with pizza dough to play with which was wonderful. She was so content!

It's a very nice little restaurant!

A nice wine selection. We tried a few before we selected a bottle.

It was a wonderful evening! Taylor was so good, they brought her a little ice cream cookie sandwich. You know she loved that! I get teary eyed now, just thinking of all Matt means to me and the pride and the love we all have for him. Congratulations Matt! I love watching your life, you have always been such a great gift and a wonderful blessing to me!
2 comments:
awwwwww. congrats to Matt and congrats to you!
i know how proud you are of him but you should be proud of yourself too mom! you obviously did a great job of raising that handsome boy!
your post almost makes me cry too because it is just another reminder of how fast they grow :(
p.s. looking at those kindergarten pictures - i can't believe how much taylor looks like her brother!
Thanks Kelly! It is amazing how fast they grow up!
Post a Comment