When I was pregnant, I remember seeing my grandma working on these squares with little fishing kids. I hoped she was making a quilt for me. A couple years later, I asked about the squares I had seen her making. Since no one had a boy she just put them away into a closet. Also, one of the squares was cut a little short, so she didn't think anyone would want it. My cousin and I are shocked by that statement, since we love everything our grandma makes. I got the squares and sewed little hearts on their pants and put flowers and bows on the hats of the little fishing kids. Then, my mom and I went to three or four fabric stores to pick out fabric to finish the quilt. It's almost done now. I just need to finish sewing, the actual quilting part, to put it together.Our family has grown. Children grow up so quickly and I want to remember everything. There will be a lot of pictures because this is where I am keeping some my favorite memories.
Monday, May 31, 2010
The Quilt my Grandma started
When I was pregnant, I remember seeing my grandma working on these squares with little fishing kids. I hoped she was making a quilt for me. A couple years later, I asked about the squares I had seen her making. Since no one had a boy she just put them away into a closet. Also, one of the squares was cut a little short, so she didn't think anyone would want it. My cousin and I are shocked by that statement, since we love everything our grandma makes. I got the squares and sewed little hearts on their pants and put flowers and bows on the hats of the little fishing kids. Then, my mom and I went to three or four fabric stores to pick out fabric to finish the quilt. It's almost done now. I just need to finish sewing, the actual quilting part, to put it together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment