Sunday, August 8, 2010

4th of July...at camp

Before I met Ben, I would sometimes plan my vacation to come up to Coeur d'Alene to watch the 4th of July parade or at least the fireworks! It's such a cute little town and they do put on a good fireworks display. The town has grown and Ben thinks it's overcrowded. Now he's getting what he always wanted...to be in the woods for 4th of July. I always loved the family getting together in the park, but Ben prefers a smaller crowd. He always commented on why would they go to the city park when we could picnic up on grandpa's mountain? So, here we are, starting our day as we often do with a family picture. He is a trooper for tolerating my many pictures! We do have a wonderful life and wonderful people we spend it with...I am VERY grateful!
Again...I love the view! I get Taylor to stand by it so I can love it even more! On 4th of July, we decided to run to a little town, on our 4-wheelers, and get the kids some ice cream. That sounded like a fabulous idea! The road we took to get there was a little more "main" than we expected, so we did find a different trail for the ride back.

Taylor got a huckleberry ice cream cone! She loved it! And, how cute is this little store!
The kids also played on that little play ground for a bit as well. We had lunch here too.
Yep...it's me and Taylor...
Taylor fell asleep on the ride back to camp...
She usually always wakes up happy!
After a shower, to wash off all the dust from our ride...I'm happy too...
We drove into a nearby town to watch fireworks. Taylor was happily looking forward to that...
She liked the fireworks, but thought they were a little loud...
Family holiday picture...everyone smile...
Taylor and I ended up watching the fireworks from inside daddy's truck. It helped muffle the sound. She enjoyed that a little better...
And, this is how she finishes her day at camp, bundled up in her little bed with a movie...
I miss seeing our family in the park and the grand fireworks, but I love our family in the forest and the great times we have with them. This also insures I get to watch the fireworks downtown after Thanksgiving, which is how I love to start my holiday season!

No comments: