
After Taylor and I walked in the Kiddie Parade, we rushed home to get ready for camping, which has been one of our favorite things this year! We got up to camp early enough that I got to go on one of our "girls only" sunset 4-wheeler rides. We just take a little ride, but then stop and take many pictures, which means two cameras balanced on a 4-wheeler and then running to be in the picture. It is really a lot of fun!! It was pretty cold the next morning when we started off on our group 4-wheeler ride. We are all bundled up with a couple jackets each...

It was especially nice because Matt and Holly drove up that morning to join us. I love to have him join us! See how the clouds are in the trees behind them...I love that! It's one of my favorite views...it kind of reminds me of fall, which is so pretty! It also reminds me of how I imagine it would look if you actually did go through the wardrobe, like in the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe...

This was one of my favorite rides. I love to see lots of streams and waterfalls, no dust and lots of green...

Taylor always loves to ride! I love her smiling face...

I loved the views!!

It was so green and we could see across the tops of the mountains with the little trails winding through the trees and patches of ferns that looked like the greens of a golf course from across the ridge. This is a nice little rock arch...

I love the rides that are on smaller trails. They are so green. We actually drove over this little waterfall.

We stop often to snack...and Taylor picks flowers and stretches her legs...

My friend Cris actually took this picture of Taylor as they were sitting on the road for one of our stops...

It did warm up throughout the day, but we try to be prepared for everything...

Matt came over looking for snacks I had packed. On this particular trip I had made my mother-in-law, Jeanette's, roasted red pepper dip. It's wonderful! I was able to balance the camera on top of the ice chest real quick to capture the moment...I love my boy!

We drove through an area with some HUGE trees...

This is the Jordan Tree...

Apparently you can fit like 10 people or more inside it...

Matt went inside, but Taylor was not as interested in actually crawling through the dark hole to find out what the interior of the tree was like. He got a picture as Holly was climbing through the little hole in the tree and standing up inside. I guess you can stand and see up rather far...and it's roomy. I was not going to crawl inside to find out for myself.

We ride almost every weekend. It's been a long time since Taylor has fallen asleep like this. However, it was a rather long ride.

It was full of lots of beautiful views. Taylor and Cris are sitting on the road, playing with the rocks and watching some of the other kids climb the hillside.

I wish I could remember what Taylor was singing as she was doing her little dance...

She does a little "shake-a-shake-a" dance...or she was saying something about her little "bum."

She is quite the character and is always very entertaining! She is so sincere! If she sees something cute or something she likes she has been saying...with a gasp, "Oh, that is so adorable!" She is awesome to shop with too!

Her imagination is amazing and she is full of cute little stories...

As we drove through so many beautiful areas all day. I wondered what this "blue heaven" place would be like. I saw this blue building out of the corner of my eye. I jokingly said to Ben, "Is this it?" ...and laughed, because it's called blue heaven and here was this blue building out in the woods. Then I noticed everyone in front of us turning up the road. "Are you kidding?"

Nope...this was it! We stopped and had dinner here at "blue heaven" and it's not even really a pretty blue....more obnoxious...

Anyway, the ride all day was beautiful and there is a beautiful view from the "blue heaven" building, that I originally thought was some kind of outhouse...

I guess I wasn't the first person to think...are you serious, this is it, but some of the guys thought my reaction was funny, because, seriously...it's a blue little building...ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment