Thursday, September 23, 2010

How I started my birthday week...

This is from a photo shoot in LA before Beverly Hills 90210. I think the off the shoulder sweaters and shirts are back "in" this season...21 years later.

When this year started, I knew, of course, that I would be entering another decade. The dreaded birthday that I did not want to talk about. This is the year my husband thinks I'm too old to have more babies, but that I look WAY better than I did last year. That's sweet Ben...ha ha. Realizing that I am just getting older, and there is not anything I can do about it. Since I cannot do anything about getting older, I decided I must get thinner. I'm still working on it, but I have lost 23lbs.

Anyway...back to my birthday week. My cousin Cindy, who has always been like the big sister I never had, always remembers my birthday and I love spending time with her...here we are over the years...July 1993... My 2nd Birthday in 1972...not nearly as traumatic...with my cousins Danny, Cindy, and Vince...
This is at our grandma Peak's house, in the chair where she rocked many grandchildren...Cindy, me and Claudia...1975...
Me and Cindy peeking around the shower curtain at grandma Peak's...this is a photo we re-created a few times by just putting on shower caps and peeking around the curtain...
And, this is how I started my birthday week, having dinner with my Cindy at Dockside...
So many memories! She did insist upon buying me "gag" birthday gifts so I would not forget how old I am this year (not always nice...ha ha). However, I will always love my Cindy!

2 comments:

Me~Kelly said...

I love the first shot! ha! u have hardly changed. age is nothing but a number, u look great! like a fine wine my friend :)

Michelle said...

You ARE the best Kelly! I hope you feel the same way when it's your time to have that birthday :)