Matt set the timer on his phone and set it on the picnic table on the top of grandpa's mountain before he proposed, so this is an actual picture of the event.
The milestones in life you know will take place: Your baby says "mama"...he takes his first step, he gets his drivers license, he graduates from high school, he graduates from college, he buys a house....he gets married! You know they are going to come eventually, you look forward to them. One of mine came last Saturday night, when I did not expect it. We were up camping for the weekend. I knew Matt and Holly were coming up to camp, but I didn't expect to be surprised by the actual ring on Holly's finger. Ben said I had the look on my face of Steve Martin in Father of the Bride. You know, when he sees his daughter as the five or six year old little girl telling her daddy she is getting married. I really thought Holly would be the one, and they would be getting married, even soon, and I adore Holly, but I was still surprised when they were standing before me with the good news. I think I always thought I would know before Holly. I am very happy for them! When I look at Taylor, it seems like not to long ago, Matt was the same age, and now he's engaged. They have been dating for over a year and the wedding will be in about a year, on June 23, 2012, in Wisconsin where Holly's family lives. 

1 comment:
Congrats Michelle--they look so happy!
Post a Comment