Friday, December 9, 2011

Mid-November Snow

It's always fun to stay at grandma's and play with cousins. Blake shoveled out the stairs for Taylor. It just looks like a winter wonderland out at the Enns'.
My little puffy, pink bundle, playing in the snow.
I had Ben get my old sled down, so I could take Taylor out for fun. First, I pulled her down the driveway several times.
For Christmas in 1980, my Uncle Steve bought my brother and me a red flexible flyer sled. We would walk over to Boyd Avenue, which would be blocked off, and sled for hours. The next year, my dad bought me a slightly longer sled, but still the red flexible flyer. They are in great shape, and hold so many fun memories.
Taylor insisted she could pull me on the sled...
As long as I pushed with my arms she could pull me a little bit. I ran up and down the street in front of my house pulling her on the sled. Then I thought we would go even further. So, I kept running. I was actually surprised at how far I was able to run, pulling her on the sled. She thought it was great!! She would wave at the neighbors, who were out shoveling their driveways, saying, "woo hoo, I love sledding...faster mom, run faster." There really wasn't a "faster."
We went over to the path to the golf course and I pulled her along that until the snow got to deep for our little red sled. We saw some other kids out sledding on one of the hills, but not on a sled like we have. I will take her over to my grandma's house to show her how much fun this sled really is, if we get anymore snow. It was so much fun taking Taylor out on my old sled!! Cold, but fun!