Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Daddy...Real Loud"

I realize my camera phone does not take the best pictures, but it is always handy, and often used to capture little moments. Good morning Taylor!
When Taylor wakes up, Daddy is usually at work. She says, "Daddy at work." A couple of weekends ago, I told her daddy is home. Call daddy, real loud. Taylor said, "Daddy...real loud."

This morning when she woke up. She said, "real loud...daddy, real loud." I should not be surprised by the things she remembers...she amazes me.

We often praise her for all her efforts. I know she hears us when I hear her praising herself. She climbed up to reach her little coloring book. Then she said, "got it...good job." Or, when she tells herself not to do something, "Tay-or...not in your mouth." She still puts things into her mouth that she shouldn't, but she tells herself not to. I appreciate that she knows better and tries to be good.
This has been the least excited I have ever seen Ben for hunting season. No secret as to why. All week, he kept asking if Taylor and I would be coming up to camp. We would talk about it and decide it may not be as much fun for us. Then, he would ask again. See, he likes us there, but he worries about us the entire time he's away from us hunting, while we are back at camp. I finally told him to just go and enjoy himself.

Taylor did help him get ready for hunting. Here she is bugling...Ben was impressed that she actually made the elk bugle sound.

No comments: