Monday, August 4, 2008

Manito Park

I was 10 the first time my mom took us to Manito Park. My grandpa was in the hospital with cancer. We would drive over almost everyday with my grandma. My mom would take me and my brother places to entertain us. I was fascinated with the Japanese Gardens. I loved the waterfall and the bridges. I remember dreaming about it years later when I lived in California. I had forgotten about the park until I saw a picture of it in a phone book prior to getting married in 1998. I was so excited the first time Ben and Matt took me there for Mother's Day in 2001, I almost fell down the stairs.
I was a little disappointed when we visited the Japanese Gardens with Taylor. There were not too many fish swimming and the water didn't look very clean. However, other parts of the park were very pretty, like I remembered.Taylor always enjoys a good walk, so this was fun! I was taking so many pictures. Ben asked me why I was taking so many pictures. I told him Taylor is so busy walking and just going that it sometimes takes a while for me to catch a smile. Finally, I got the one I wanted...Taylor with a smile (see below). It was a little warm for all the walking, but I wasn't sure when I would get Ben to take us again, so I tried to see everything. Here is Taylor taking a break.

No comments: