Friday, August 14, 2009

Taylor's First Dental Appointment (8-4-09)

I took Taylor for her first dental appointment, which I thought would consist of acquainting her with the office and taking a look at her teeth. She actually had her little teeth cleaned. She was so brave and seemed to actually enjoy the entire visit. She walked in and said, "Hi, I'm Taylor." A good start!
She wore a little headset and was able to watch a cartoon from a TV implanted into the ceiling. The only thing she did not like so much was the "little vacuum" used to suck the water out of her mouth. But, she did follow directions well and bravely tolerated the little vacuum kisses. She proudly showed me her teeth after her cleaning.
After her cleaning the dentist (Dr. Dance) came in and looked at all her teeth and painted them with fluoride. She received a new tooth brush, floss, a certificate for a free meal at Red Robin, and coins to put into a slot to pick a prize.
She had a great time! I was so proud of her. Look at the waiting room, complete with a train table, and slide. The doorway goes to an area to play video games and stairs to climb to a landing with more toys, like blocks and legos, leading to the slide which brings her back to the waiting room. I think Taylor will enjoy her future visits to the dentist.

No comments: