
Since Ben can't wear his wedding ring at work...it's a safety issue...he usually doesn't wear it. However, he always wears it during hunting season. Apparently, it brings him good luck. When I look at this picture, with all our friends and 4-wheelers, during one of our rides, the first thing I see is the ring on Ben's finger...funny.

Hunting season is serious business, so it's nice that we all got to go out on a ride, and the guys ended up missing their evening hunt.

I think we found a few berries...and Taylor found some flowers...



The views...I just love them...

Riding back to camp at sunset...

Getting firewood...

I love to watch Ben cut down a tree...


Filling our truck with firewood...

Then, the guys leave camp to go hunting...and the girls are left to decide...what to do, what to do?

So, we decided to go on a little "girls" ride...

Well, it was going to be just a little girls ride, until we ran into the guys who were heading back to camp to get the 4-wheelers to get the elk they shot. We decided we would ride the 4-wheelers and meet them back at their elk camp. Daniell is building us a fire...

It was a great little adventure...

So, while we waited for them to do their elk thing...we took pictures...

And, chatted...and waited...

Then I took Taylor out to see the elk. She knows her daddy makes sausage with elk. I think she thought when he cut it open, there was just sausage inside. As we were walking away, she said, "I wanted to see the sausage."

Of course, there are a few more steps to making elk sausage than that.

On our last weekend up at camp, Taylor got to go elk calling with the guys...

And, the girls went on our last "girls" ride of the season...

Taylor loves camp...she found a caterpillar...

She really wanted to walk in the water in her rain boots. I did go in with her, in our boots. The water was very cold...

Taking a little rest on the 4-wheeler while we stop for lunch...

Our last 4-wheeler ride of the season...

Taylor found a lady bug...

On our last morning at camp, I made Taylor some eggs, which she likes with ketchup...

Then I cleaned up the trailer and Taylor and I headed home. Ben stayed up for another week for elk season. I let Taylor stand up in the sun roof. She thought this was great fun...

It was on our camp road...this is not something we do often...

And, I was driving very, very slow...
And that was the end of our camping season. We miss it already!
No comments:
Post a Comment