Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Grandma Peak, Taylor and me...I always like to take Taylor to see my grandma when she is all dressed up.
Taylor wanted to be a cat this year. I made her a little skirt and attached a little tail. We found a cute little mask; however, I attached some little ears to a head band of hers, in the most likely event she decided not to wear the mask.
This was the first occasion Taylor had to wear her costume. At a play group Halloween party. The Friday before Halloween, we finally got around to carving our pumpkin. Taylor picked Pluto, again, for this year's pumpkin. I poked in the design and, thankfully, Ben did all the cleaning and cutting and carving of our pumpkin.
Taylor talked a big game prior to the actual event. She was all ready to stick her hand in and pull out some pumpkin. However, when it got down to it. She wanted no part of touching the "goo."
She would play with the tools and touch the inside of the pumpkin, but no goo.
This is the finished product...
I personally think it turned out fabulously...Good Job Ben! The day before Halloween, we trick-or-treated the downtown retail shops...with (maybe) several hundred other children...
Notice, we have moved away from the mask and into the ears. Taylor and I picked up Daniell and we walked downtown to many of the shops. It was pretty crowded, but fun to see all the cute costumes.
The resort plaza was open too, which was nice, because it did rain just a little...
There was even a fire truck with fireman handing out candy...
Our downtown is so cute! I love to do things like this...
Grandma and grandpa had window seats at the Beacon for dinner. Taylor knew they were there, so not too far into our little journey and she was done getting candy and ready to see grandma and grandpa...
My cousin Lorinda, Chris, Anissa and Makenna met up with us there. Taylor then wanted to continue getting treats with them, so back out into the crowd we went...
I do love the view from my deck, especially with the fall colors...
For her actual Halloween trick-or-treating in our neighborhood, Taylor let me draw a little pink nose and whiskers on her face...

Ben and I walked Taylor around our neighborhood. It was a wonderful evening. Not too cold. Taylor would walk up and ring the door bell, say "trick-or-treat" and "thank you" and sometimes, "happy Halloween."
I just think she is so adorable and wanted to take lots of pictures...

Once we returned home, she wanted to pour out all her candy and admire it...
I love fall with all it's colors and I love getting Taylor dressed up and being a little creative with the costumes. We had a fun Halloween!

No comments: