
Taylor wanted to wear a pretty dress on her birthday, and decided on her yellow one. This is a little kitty she bought with some birthday money from her grandma Judy. Taylor currently loves cats. Unfortunately, her daddy does not and sometimes it's very sad. She has actually cried, a sad, heartbroken cry, because she loves cats so much and would really love to have one. She received a package in the mail from my mom one day and she said, "maybe it's a kitten." Thankfully, Ricky and Daniell have two cats who allow Taylor to play with them. They never scratch her. They are wonderful entertainment for her!
Ben and I both have allergies to cats, so we will never have one. She knows we will not get one, so she will say, "When I get my own house I will get a cat." One day she said to me, "When we move out, then I'm going to get a cat." I said, "We? I get to move with you?" She said, "Yes." (Like, of course mom.) I said, "What about daddy?" She said, "He can come too." I said, "Where are we moving too?" She said, "To grandma and grandpa's house." Very interesting how she imagines this to all play out.

On the morning of her birthday, we went out to breakfast. Taylor got a call from my aunt Susie along the way, who sang her happy birthday. After breakfast, we had to go to Costco where the birthday girl convinced her daddy to buy her this "birthday" dog. Taylor named him "Lama-do." It sounds a little like Marmaduke, but it's not...it's Lama-do. Taylor has a very active imagination and sometimes her "friends" come with us or meet up with us at random places. Some of her friends like..."Sausage" the butterfly..."Pupcake" the puppy..."Custard" the cat. Taylor likes to take a few "friends" to sleep with her at night too. If she falls asleep in the living room and later wakes up in bed without the friends, she will go find them, gather them up and bring them all to bed. It's usually no more than three, but if she wakes up and wants to crawl in bed with me in the early morning hours...she will bring them all with her. She sets them by the head board between Ben and me and snuggles up in the middle.

We had a small birthday party at our house. I made enchiladas, salsa, beans, rice...and Ben made sure we had all the right snacks...like pickles and olives, cheese and meat...

We let Taylor open presents throughout the day...

Taylor posing in her new kitty slippers. She will pretty much pose on command now. I'll say, "Give me a pose Taylor," and she puts her hands on her hips and will bend one of her knees...

Matt and Holly, and Ricky and Daniell joined us for dinner. Grandma was catering so she was running a little late...
No comments:
Post a Comment