Thursday, December 9, 2010

SNOW in November

We had a little blizzard one night. We have never actually had snow blow between the screen and the window, so we took a picture of it. I had been staying on top of our snow shoveling. Ben works 10 hours a day and I actually enjoy the shoveling. It is hard work, but I like to do it. It gets exhausting when you need to do it everyday before you can leave the house, but it's all temporary.
Taylor comes outside to play in it while I shovel. She likes to eat the fresh snow. I don't feel like the pictures really capture the amount of snow. Or perhaps it feels like a lot more when I feel it with each shovel full, as I remove it from my driveway and approximately 210 feet of sidewalk. It was neat to see how it was blown all over. I grew up in Southern California, so I am still very excited each time we get snow.
Taylor tried to slide down the snow drifts...
Then, she planted herself right in front of some fresh snow and started licking it. I made a path to the trash can this year, to make it easier for Ben to take out. I was surprised my path didn't get filled in, but the snow kind of blew over it...
It had a neat effect, almost like a little cave the way the walls of my path curved over the top...
With Taylor standing in my little path, you can somewhat see some of the depth of the snow.
I shoveled and shoveled and then would stop and take pictures because I was in awe of the amount. It was nice and fluffy. I'm always afraid it will warm up and melt a bit then freeze over and turn to ice, which is horrible to shovel, which is another reason I was trying to keep on top of it.

Taylor climbed all over my piles of snow, looking for more fresh snow to eat.
Sliding down my piles back into our driveway...
I had not gotten my entire sidewalk shoveled so when we had the strong winds it just blew a ton over part of it. Thankfully, Matt came over with his snow blower on Thanksgiving to really clean it up for me.
I'm responsible for the entire length to the end of my fence. A good reason to never buy on a corner lot.
After Matt helped with the snow blower, I noticed a neighbor came by on another day with his snow blower and did the sidewalk by my fence, after we got even more snow. I was so thankful I tried to make sure I got out there every time we got even a little bit.

No comments: