
When Taylor had her 4 year old check up in October, she did not do as well as they thought she should on the eye test. She never compained and I didn't notice anything that would make me think she was having any trouble seeing. I was hoping it was not because Taylor was bored with their tests. To make sure, we went for further testing. When we first arrived, while I was filling out paper work, she picked out a pair of pink glasses and put them on and said, "Hey, these are just like Matt's." Matt recently got glasses too because he has difficulty seeing far away; however, his are not pink.

Taylor did all the tests as instructed. They were very thorough and it was a great experience. Apparently, babies see better farther away and as they get older, they begin to see better close up, like book distance. Taylor's eyes have not developed as fast, so she will need glasses for the next year or two to help her see until her eyes finish developing. The doctor felt confidet this is something she will out grow, and the glasses will only be temporary. This may explain why she may not want to practice writing her name. When Taylor had to look through the above piece of equipment she said, "I have one of these at home, but I look at pictures with it." She was referring to the view master.

We had a lot of snow. For a few days, I had to shovel myself out of my driveway for like 30 minutes (each time) before we could leave our house. Taylor always takes her kitty's with us whenever we leave the house, the little grey kitty is Marlene and the white kitty is Rosco. She played in the snow while I shoveled as fast as I could to get us out to go to the eye doctor.

Once we had the results of all the tests, we tried on many different frames. Taylor loved the first pair she picked out. Also, since it is a developmental situation, the eye doctor was covered under our medical policy, which was nice.

After we left the eye doctor, I found the lenses would be almost half price at Costco, so we bought the frames and had the lenses filled at Costco. It took about a week before her glasses were ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment