Thursday, December 9, 2010

Taylor's New Glasses

We picked up Taylor's new glasses on November 30th from Costco. I slowly walked around the store to let Taylor get use to them. After awhile, we needed to go back and have them adjusted. I knew it may take a few adjustments before she might feel comfortable. She wears them well, especially when we are out running errands.
Hey look, more snow...isn't it pretty!
Taylor looks so cute in her new glasses! I love them and she gets lots of compliments.
So, we picked up Taylor's glasses on Tuesday the 30th, and two days later, on December 2nd, we went over to her eye doctor's office to see how they might adjust them for her. Before we could leave, we would need to shovel ourselves out, yet again...
Of course, we have been shoveling almost everyday. I heard the snow plow guy outside, so I went out with my shovel, preparing to clear the end of my driveway. I was standing outside by my driveway and Taylor was playing on the ice on the driveway when he came by. He pushed the snow across the street, then he backed up and made a second pass, clearing most of the end of my driveway. I was thrilled, as I smiled and thanked him! I was so happy! He didn't do every one's driveway. Me and Taylor will run outside with our shovels and stand at the end of our driveway, looking desperate, more often if we get that kind of treatment. The day before it took me 45 minutes to clear the end of my driveway to take Taylor to Funtastics. The snow was as deep as my entire leg and about three feet across. I enjoy shoveling, it's great, forced, exercise. However, I use muscles I must not normally use and I felt like I had been beaten with a bat over much of my body.
I shovel the snow down so I can get in and out, but here is my wonderful husband, clearing off the icy stuck snow that I couldn't move. And, Taylor throwing snowballs at him. He does a much better job than me, but I am proud that he had not had to do any shoveling until now.
Taylor thinks it is great fun to throw snowballs while we are shoveling. This was her first time to get her dad this season. She was thrilled.
Ben making my driveway wider while Taylor threatens with another snowball.

No comments: