Monday, January 3, 2011

Dowers Family Christmas at the Grange

This is another family Christmas tradition. Ben's (Dowers) family gathers at the Mica Grange. We start around 10:30am for brunch, play games, and have lasagna, salad and bread for dinner. Tamira has been taking some fabulous pictures lately. Taylor loved going out with Mikayla to get her picture taken! She loves Mikayla and says she is her sister :)
I went out to watch...
I got some pictures with Taylor too...
And Matt and Holly. This picture in particular looks like a me and Ben picture. I love it and he makes faces...ha ha
I love Tamira's pictures...

Anyway...back to games...the kids decorated cookies...
and played with play-doh...
Then for the "greedy" game. Everyone brings a gift and are exchanged by number. You can take any one gift up to three times, but once it gets to the third person, that person gets to actually keep the gift.
Taylor talking with Mikayla...Tamira opening an awesome gift brought by Grandpa Dowers. It was something for horses, antique, of course, which made it very special. Matt and Kelly did some sneaky swapping so Tamira ended up with the gift...she was very happy.
Taylor was happy, and felt like a big girl, when she got to take little Jemma over to get a cracker.
This was another very special gift, brought by Grandma Dowers. It's a picture of her grandma and grandpa McMillen (if I'm reading this correctly) in front of some one's house in California. I love it....however, I knew my mother-in-law wanted it so when I had the chance to be the third person to take it, I did, so I could give it back to her.

After the "greedy" game, we had dinner...
Uncle Bob read an article from an old newspaper about a 50th wedding anniversary of grandpa Dower's grandparents (if I'm remembering correctly). It listed guests and other special details, which you just don't find in current articles. I love to hear old family stories!
Taylor and Maddie swinging a jump rope.
During the "greedy" game...
I love seeing everyone at this gathering. I wish we got together more often!

2 comments:

Me~Kelly said...

that one picture does look like you and ben, how funny!
the gathering at the grange is a great idea. our family has grown too big to do holidays together. so everyone splits up with their own families :(

Michelle said...

Yes, it is a lot of fun...the same thing happened to my family. Meeting at the grange is Ben's family and I think it's definitely work for the sisters (Ben's mom and sisters), but they do a wonderful job.