Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Some Favorite Snowy Days in December 2009

I'm a little disappointed that we didn't get very much snow over the holidays. Winter is not over yet, so I am hopeful for some deep snow to play in with Taylor. It can still come. These are some of my favorite snow pictures from December. Taylor loved stomping around in what snow we did have every time we left the house. She would run around the yard. She also helped me with some shoveling.
I loved seeing her carry her own little shovel around the corner to come to my aid as I shoveled the sidewalk. I actually enjoy shoveling snow. I could shovel everyday as long as it wasn't more than three or four inches. Living on a corner lot, I have about 210 feet of just sidewalk to shovel. It's great exercise, as long as the snow isn't too heavy.
I had Ben take a picture of Taylor and me with our shovels as proof. On this particular day, Ben did finish the end of the driveway for me. The big piles.
Sometimes Taylor helped by eating the snow. However, it was only the white, fresh snow...
Notice the rolled up sleeves. Taylor went through a phase where she really didn't want to wear much of anything around the house. A compromise was short sleeves. Because she would tell us they bothered her...
Happy to run in the yard in the snow...
She is looking up at either a flock of geese or an airplane...
Running across my new stepping stones I put in this Fall...
We love snow!
Ben does not like me taking many pictures of him. We went to cut firewood one day and I think he is so darn cute in his Carhartts!
I do find him absolutely adorable in his Carhartts, carrying his chainsaw. I have said it before, not every guy can cut down a tree, but MINE can! I'm not talking about Christmas trees.
I love the snowy days when the skies are blue and the sun is shining on the snow.
Taylor and I went for a walk while daddy was using the chainsaw. Taylor thinks it's loud. This is Ben's dream land. The place he played as a child and he wants to build a home on someday.
It looked like there were crystals scattered across the snow as it sparkled in the sunshine.
Taylor holding her Teddy Bear's hand as we walk through the snow, finding deer tracks along our way.

No comments: