
Taylor and her little Nutcracker...

We started off our Nutcracker adventure with a picture of Taylor and me in front of our tree. When we arrived at the Opera House, Santa and Mrs. Claus were handing out Santa Cards.

We took a couple pictures in front of the tree. Taylor brought Perry to see the Nutcracker too.

We met grandma and went to our seats.
Karianne and the girls were also there with David's mom, Theresa.

During intermission, we went back to the tree to get some more pictures. I know I took one of grandma and Taylor, but it must have been with grandma's camera.

This is my favorite pose! She did this on her own. She was dancing around in front of the tree and stopped like this for a picture. That's my girl!

Taylor was wearing a pair of tights with
lacy ruffles on the back. They bothered her a little. Maybe they were a little too small because she needed assistance a few times with pulling up her tights...

We had a glass of wine and headed back upstairs. On our way, we found a photographer taking free pictures, so Taylor and I stopped to get one taken of us with a Nutcracker. It should be e-mailed to us later. We returned to our seats for the second half of the Nutcracker. Taylor did very well and seemed to enjoy it.

During the second half, grandma took Taylor and Kimberly for a little walk and they each got a little nutcracker ornament. Taylor was thrilled! I really enjoyed the Nutcracker again this year. During the first half I really liked the battle and the falling snow. This was my favorite second half. It was the first time I have seen the lady with the giant dress where the little children run out. However, I always love the Egyptian dancers the best. Last year, 2008, it was the Alberta Ballet company, and I thought it was beautiful and was looking forward to the 2009 season to see it again. This year, 2009, it was the Memphis Ballet, accompanied by local children dancers. It was again, very nice, and I look forward to taking Taylor in 2010. When Ben and I asked Taylor about her favorite part she said, "Holding Kimberly's hand when we went for a walk with grandma."
No comments:
Post a Comment