
Ben and I have not visited our Enns' family in Canada since Fall 2002. Ben usually doesn't have the time off to take a vacation for the length of time it takes to drive this far and see everyone. We were thrilled to have the opportunity this winter! I was also thrilled to visit the Vancouver Aquarium. We stayed with Uncle Kim. Taylor is standing in front of his house as we prepare for our journey through Vancouver to find the aquarium.

Taylor and I were impressed with the "big" city. She would point out how tall all the buildings are...

I visited Sea World in San Diego, California many times as I was growing up, when I lived in California. I took Matt there many times as well. I couldn't wait to take Taylor to the Vancouver Aquarium...

It's not quite as big as Sea World, but we had a good time! Apparently, people in the area petitioned to free some of the animals, so the ones living at the aquarium are there because they were rescued and are not able to return to the wild. There were two female Beluga Whales and two babies on display...

Even Ben was impressed at how high these dolphins were able to jump out of the water...

The color of these two parrots were so vibrant. They were Taylor's favorite birds...

Taylor walked along the ledge of this display with the bat ray (or whatever it was) and said it was her friend and she was taking it for a walk. I love this picture because I can see her smile in the reflection of the glass as she looks adoringly at her friend...

There were many displays of colorful fish. Some had bubbles where Taylor could peek her head and look inside the exhibit from the middle...

After the aquarium, we took a ferry to the Sunshine Coast to spend the night at Aunt Wendy and Uncle Dave's. This was a large ferry, holding approximately 350 cars.

It was very nice and had pretty views...

Aunt Wendy pulled out Heather's old doll house for Taylor to play with while we were there. Taylor had so much fun, it inspired me to add a gift to her Christmas list...

We had an absolute wonderful time visiting with Aunt Wendy, Uncle Dave, Josh, Laura, and Matthew. This is their new home, and they are still finishing a few things, but it is very beautiful...

You can see the ocean over the trees from Wendy's dining room.

We could see lights from Victoria in the evening.

Wendy's house as we were driving away. Very nice!

After another nice drive through the little town of Roberts Creek, we got back on the ferry and headed over to visit Grandma Enns.

Uncle Kim and Uncle Andrew brought pizza.

Taylor loved watching Zach and Elizabeth play. She wanted to join in the rough housing, but wasn't quite sure about it. She did have fun playing with them. Grandma also sent us home with lots of treasures. I had a wonderful time going through old photo albums with her!

We spent the night at Uncle Kim's again. Taylor enjoyed another bowl of his cereal, Fiber 1 with Honey Clusters. She liked it so much, I bought some for our house.

It was so nice to visit in December and see all the Christmas decorations. On our final morning, we even had a little snow.

We visited Andrew and Heather, Zach and Elizabeth on our way back home. We had a nice lunch and the kids had lots of fun playing.

Zach even performed a little recital for us.

Elizabeth and Taylor played with a ball you squish and it pops back up. They had a great time.

I love going to Canada to visit the family! I hope we can visit again soon. We had a wonderful time!
No comments:
Post a Comment