Friday, April 9, 2010

Taylor's (1st) Dance Recital

This is the picture taken, for this dance class, of Taylor in her recital outfit. The actual day of the recital, 3-20-10, Taylor and I went early for rehearsal. We dropped daddy off with Matt, to come later to the performance. Taylor was wearing a little make-up, and had her hair heavily sprayed to keep everything in place.
I took a few pictures of her waiting in the audience, while other groups practiced.
We waited patiently. I'm sure I was more nervous than she was.
We finally gathered with her group, almost ready for her turn to practice.
The recital was at the Kroc Center. After rehearsal, all moms, except for the one "helping" mom for each group, were excused. I did not realize I would be "excused" and leaving Taylor, so I did not leave her. I'm so glad I stayed. It was much better to have two moms with the ten girls. It made it much nicer to have one mom watch the girls while the other mom took three or four to the bathroom. Not to mention, Taylor felt confident enough to think she could wonder off and check things out. I would have to gather her back to the group. We practiced in the hallway, as we waited for our turn on stage. Taylor looked so excited...
When it was her turn on stage, I ran out to the audience to take video of the recital. I sat with Ben and Matt, grandma and grandpa. It was very cute!
Although we practiced often, and Taylor could sing the entire "Good Ship Lollipop" song, once she was on stage, she really only did the moves with her right leg.
The girls were adorable!
Towards the end of the performance, I think Taylor finally realized where we were sitting.
As all the girls exited the stage, Taylor alone, headed off towards the front center of the stage, as if to join us. Her teacher retrieved her and lead her off in the right direction. It was funny, as she was the last girl leaving the stage and waving at her grandpa.
I then ran backstage to rejoin the group. Apparently Taylor kept saying, I want to go see my grandpa, when she left the stage. I sent Matt a text to tell him what Taylor was saying. Within minutes...look who found his way backstage..."Hi Grandpa!"
Taylor was very excited. After all the other groups performed, they had a final bow.
I again, ran out to the audience to take video. I was very excited about all of this. Looking back, I probably could have left the video camera with Ben. He is more than capable.
After the final bow, the girls returned backstage. I ran backstage again to get Taylor. Taylor said, "Where is my grandma?" I took her out to find everyone. It was a wonderful evening!
There was a one month break between the dance classes. I thought I would wait to see if Taylor missed her dance class. The past few days, she has been singing "Good Ship Lollipop" and showing me tondue and high fifth. There may be another recital in our future :)

3 comments:

Me~Kelly said...

ahhhhh. almost (only almost) makes me want a little girl. she is soooooo cute :)

kelly said...

So cute!

Michelle said...

Thanks ladies :) I hope she wants to do it all again for the next session of dance.