Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ben's Surgery

Ben had surgery to remove a bone tumor above his right knee on May 6, 2010. Taylor and I took him to the Specialty hospital and waited with him. Taylor was peeking out into the hall and watching the nurses and doctors. She was pretty good for as long as we had to wait. On time she stepped out of our little area, on the other side of the curtain and closed it behind her. She said, rather loudly, with a giggle, "Look dad you can't see me because I disappeared." I thought it was hilarious, because Ben is always wanting us to be quiet.
She also got to help the nurses, and they did give her a quilt for being so patient for her daddy.
We were told if Ben had surgery on Thursday he would be back to work the following Monday. However, he actually missed eight days of work and he still cannot bend his knee. He is doing much better, but still doesn't move very fast.

No comments: