Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I LOVE my Hunter Boots!

We have been doing a lot of camping lately....and a lot of long 4-wheeler rides. I try to always get a picture when we start out. It has been a little chilly in the morning, and we bundle up. Taylor always wears her boots, and I have been wearing mine. They are great!
Then one sunny day, everyone was wearing sandals. I was asked by a couple of people if I might get hot in my boots. I asked if we would be going to some water...since it was warm. So, I decided to leave my boots behind to get my feet wet. See, the day started off sunny and warm...
It had been cold and would warm up enough, throughout the day, to shed some layers....notice the boots. This was just before Taylor took off her coat...
We went on a poker run a couple weeks ago. We have a lot of friends we camp and go riding with. They are wonderful. We love them! These are all the ladies...Cris, Taylor, me, Janie, Casey, Daniell, Missy, Kayleen, Bobbie, Lisa, Paige, Jaylee, Doris, Shauna and Kenna...
The one "warm" day I get (kinda) talked out of wearing my boots...look where we ended up...
Oh yes! It is beautiful, but it was very cold, as my husband drove through that snow and it came flying up all over my legs and my wet shoes. My shoes were wet because earlier that day we walked in the water a little. Taylor decided to ride on the front of the 4-wheeler that day. She did not appreciate the snow flying up and hitting her either! Wet, slushy snow is cold when it flys at you and melts as it slides down your bare legs and sticks to your shoes.
However, it was fun to play in, when we were not driving through it...
We did have a brief "stuck" moment. I took pictures, while standing in the snow with Taylor, while Ben, Daniell and Ricky pushed our 4-wheeler out. It only got stuck because Ben drove slower, because he is so sweet, and was trying to keep the snow from flying up at Taylor and me. Our 4-wheeler IS really, truly awesome. This would not have happened to Ben if he were alone.
We do find ourselves in some beautiful places. I am very thankful God has blessed us with such a wonderfully beautiful place to live and play...
The next day...and everyday going forward...I will be wearing my boots on our 4-wheeler rides! I love them! And they keep me clean and warm...
My mother-in-law is a smart lady...thank you Jeanette! I can tuck my pants into my boots now too. She is always prepared with hers and I am thankful to have mine!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Ahh...that looks like so much fun!!! I could buy stock in muckers - I love them too :)

Me~Kelly said...

i have got to get myself a pair of those boots!

p.s. i find it so funny that your husband has the same look as mine does for every picture :) irritated :)