Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Taylor's Dance Recital...Rockin' Robin

On June 15, 2010, Taylor had pictures with her dance class and their final practice before her recital.
She is really great at getting her picture taken. She has had a lot of practice. I think it's so funny how she turns on a smile when any person with a camera asks her to.
While the photographer was making sure he got a good picture of all the girls, I was snapping pictures of Taylor and she was having a good time making it interesting.
I love her little smile....
And I love her personality! After pictures the girls ran through their routine. I think Taylor loves to be on stage, but she does not like to practice her dancing.
Her recital was at the KROC Center again. We waited while the other groups rehearsed.
Of course, that got a little boring after awhile, so she did her own little dance in the isle. I discouraged any playing around...after I got a picture.
Back stage the girls played a game...Brainbox. Taylor really enjoyed it. I am going to have to get her one. I just love her long eye lashes in this picture. She has very long lashes, which really stand out with a little mascara. I wish mine did that!
She loves the on-stage performance. The audience was darker this time, so unfortunately, she could not see where we were sitting.
I LOVE watching her dance. She thinks about it...watches the instructor on the side stage, or the other girls...remember, she did not want to practice much.
However, she is FULL of expression, which makes for a very entertaining performance. There were times when she was mouthing the words...
Or, waving out to the crowd...
She loves a good finish...
Afterwards we all take pictures...Ben loves this part...
Holly and Taylor being silly and giggling about something...
I love the recital! I think Taylor loves that part too, but we are taking a break from dance to see if she really misses it and may want to put a little more effort into practicing. Matt and Holly came, as well as my cousin Lorinda, with Anissa and Makenna...and Ben and me, of course. It was so sweet to watch her on-stage....I love it!

1 comment:

Me~Kelly said...

ok i am NOT saying you should do it, but she could totally win those little girl beauty contests - she is sooooo pretty/cute/beautiful!