
Taylor and her souvenir "Lucy" from the Seattle Aquarium, and the little flower I picked her off a tree.

Taylor and Holly at the Seattle Aquarium.

In March, Taylor and I had the pleasure of a "Girls Only" trip to Seattle, along with Holly and her cousins Jodi and Emily. Emily was visiting from Wisconsin and they had a trip planned and invited us along. It was a fabulous weekend! Jodi bought Taylor a little purse for the trip. Above is Taylor at one of our "potty" stops along the way. Jodi bought a GPS for the trip which was great! We called it Susan and she provided very good instruction. She would kindly tell us to turn around as soon as possible, if we made a wrong turn, to get us back on course. We stopped for a potty break and were waiting in the car, teasing about "Susan" and her instruction. I said something like, "Clearly, you have made a wrong turn." Taylor followed that up with, "Clearly, we have stopped to pee." Maybe not the most appropriate statement for the blog, but very funny if you were in the car and heard the spontaneous comment come from my four and a half year old daughter.

Jodi made all the arrangements. It was so nice! We stayed at the Marriott on Alaskan Way in downtown Seattle. We had a nice view from the room.

We checked in, got ourselves situated, and went down for dinner at a restaurant in the hotel. The food was very good!

Holly and Taylor stopped and gave me a pose along the way.

Holly, Taylor and me at dinner.

Taylor enjoyed her carrots, and fruit. She had several helpings of melon.

After dinner, we went back up to the room to change to head over to the pool.

The pool was half inside and half outside. There were no stairs for Taylor to play on and the entire pool was about four feet deep. I wasn't sure how she would like that at first, but she loved it! She became very brave, very fast. She would hold our hands, under water and kick her feet. I think she may have thought she was actually swimming a little. Holly and Taylor were on the outside portion of the pool, with the lights in the distance.

Taylor jumped from the side, into the pool to me more times than I could count. She didn't want to stop. She had so much Fun! She was so brave.

The next morning, it was a little drizzly, but that didn't detour us, Jodi, Emily, Taylor, Holly and me. We had umbrellas and started off on our walk to the aquarium.

And, really, what's Seattle without a little walk in the rain?

The first time Ben took me to the Seattle Aquarium, I have to admit, I was a little disappointed. The only reason is because I grew up going to Sea World in San Diego, and there is no Shamu in Seattle. So, this was my second visit, and I must say, I was absolutely delighted. I would definitely go back.

Taylor loved the hands-on pools to gently touch (with one finger) the many creatures, like star fish, etc.

Taylor did have a small melt down for a while. She saw the gift shop, as we walked in, and wanted something right away. We're on vacation, so of course I'm going to get her something. However, I wanted to wait until she and seen all the exhibits, and maybe had a favorite animal she wanted to remember. After a little sulking, and some stern words from her mother, she changed her attitude, and we continued on.

Notice the little whale (she named Lucy) she is holding in the picture. Always happy with a "friend" (as she calls all her soft toys). We went out to lunch after the aquarium, then walked up to Pike Street.

We then walked over to Nike Town, to get Emily some new shoes. Shopping! Of course!

Taylor was hilarious. There was music playing and she was strutting back and forth, doing a little dance and wiggle...

and flipping her hair. The hair flip was a new move.

This must have been all the big silly before the down time.

Shortly after that, Taylor cuddled up with Lucy and took a nap. As we were walking it began to really pour rain, and huge wind gusts blew Holly's umbrella backward. Taylor slept through it all. We ducked out of the rain, back on Pike Street, and into one of my favorite places....Crepe de France. I had a nice, delicious mocha and we all shared a strawberry and chocolate crepe. It was divine! It was actually my favorite crepe of the weekend. The rain was back to an occasional drizzle, so we began our trek back to the hotel. It is very hilly in Seattle. I love to walk it, but it can be challenging if it's rainy and you do not necessarily want to take the long way back. We each grabbed a corner of Taylor's stroller and carried the sleeping princess down a huge flight of stairs, to get down to the level near the hotel. Funny story...as we were walking back, we passed the elevator right outside the hotel, which would have been much easier, but it was an adventure.

The next morning, we took the elevator back up to Pike Street. We had breakfast at Crepe de France, because I couldn't bear to leave Seattle without having another crepe, and I really wanted to have the tomato, basil, mozzarella one that I had on previous visits, and craved.

Taylor enjoyed some little donuts. She was not so into the crepes. Crepe de France is a fabulous little place, I would definitely recommend!

We went over to the monorail and took a ride over to the space needle. I couldn't get the entire space needle, and Taylor, in the same picture.

We walked over to the Experience Music Project, Science Fiction Museum.

We actually (thanks to Holly) made our own little "rock band" video. It was fun!

There were many interactive exhibits. Taylor is doing a vocal, where she literally repeated everything she was told and sang it loud and proud....adorable!

We took the monorail back, and began our walk back towards the hotel to began our journey home.

It was one of my most favorite trips to Seattle. I loved the walking and the time spent with wonderful ladies! It was so relaxing and just a lot of Fun! The following morning, when Taylor got up, she asked, "What are we gonna do today? Can we go back to Seattle?" We have had several conversations about it, and hope we have many more fabulous trips, like that, in our future!
1 comment:
ok, you guys hit every Seattle highlight - good work :)
we haven't been over there for quite a few years, maybe its time for a long weekend :)
Post a Comment