Saturday, April 9, 2011

Silver Rapids, March 13, 2011

My wonderfully kind and sweet cousin Lorinda treated Taylor and me to a nice day at Silver Rapids along with Makenna and Aunt Rosalia. It was a wonderful day! See the contrast of how we were dressed prior to getting indoors, as the girls were walking.
Once inside, Taylor couldn't get her coat off fast enough. I think it's something like 80+ degrees inside. It was nice to feel some warm weather in the middle of our cold season. We put our clothes in a locker, and I took some pictures.
It was so nice. Taylor and Makenna played in this little cove like area for the longest time, just pushing the tubes around, near the lazy river, playing in the waterfalls.
It was so peaceful and relaxing.
After spending the day here, it will be hard to enjoy Boulder Beach quite as much. I know the crowds will be much bigger at Silverwood. This was a fabulously relaxing day where I got to thoroughly enjoy my time with Taylor. We floated around the lazy river, she even went in her own tube. We had a nice little lunch too.
As Taylor and I were walking back to our car, she said, "Mom, lets not go home yet, lets go for a little walk." So, we did, and took a few pictures.
This is the Silver Mountain resort area, where you catch the gondola to head up the mountain to ski. There were several fire pits, as we meandered through the area.
Music was playing from this pub/restaurant, but Taylor didn't want to dance with me.
This was one of my favorite outings with Taylor. It was so relaxing.
I would definitely recommend a weekend away to enjoy Silver Rapids. I would love to go back.

1 comment:

dustincrystal12 said...

That looks like so much fun! I can't wait to take Addilynn there I love all the pictures it looks like you had a great time!