Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Girls Day...lunch and the park

Taylor, my mom and I went out to lunch downtown at Tito's this afternoon, followed by a trip to the park. Taylor had the fun opportunity to make her own pizza. They asked if she wanted to wear a chef's hat, but she declined. She told me later she was a little nervous and shy, but next time she will wear it. Taylor was so precise with the placement of every piece of cheese and pepperoni.
Much time and careful thought was put into this pizza creation.
As she neared the end, she started smiling and posing for me...
She was very proud and excited to make her own pizza....and it was very tasty!
On our way back to the truck, we stopped by a cute little candy store...unfortunately, I can't remember the name, but they had a lot of unique, fun, yummy, and some candies I didn't know they still made. Taylor wanted these teeth...remember wax teeth...
We then made our way to the wonderful Fort Sherman...
It was a beautiful day! I'm ready to enjoy Fall. It had that feel today, perfect temperatures and not to crowded since the kids must be at school or home doing homework
Taylor surprised me with this...so cute to see her swinging...
My mom and Taylor at the park. My mom came up for my Aunt and Uncle's 50th anniversary and will be staying for Taylor's 5th birthday and my grandma's 90th birthday. We are enjoying her visit with us very much!
My mom took several pictures of Taylor and me...
Taylor is a great little poser now, so I tried to mimic her...
I wasn't always ready...
This one shows us laughing because Taylor accidently whacked me in the face as she raised her hand for her pose.
It was such a fun afternoon!
This is such a great park for pictures...
While Taylor was swinging this little squirrel kept running onto the playground. It would dig, dig, dig, then run off, and repeat.
Taylor on the swings. Taylor fell off this swing once. She remembers and likes to tell the story. It was actually very sad. She decided she was ready to jump off the swing, but I didn't realize she was ready, so I didn't catch her. I think I was actually standing on the side of the swing, because I was pushing her. I felt terrible! But, she still likes to sit on this swing, it has memories of being a favorite swing and a story she likes to tell.

Tire swing and funny faces for mom...
Walking across the wobbly balance beam...
I love this picture of Taylor cracking up. Taylor and a five year old boy named Nate were running around having so much fun. He was so cute as he put his hand out to help her get into the wooden boat on the playground. Here they are playing the "telephone" game and speaking into the wooden speaker boxes and listening to each other...to cute!

2 comments:

dustincrystal12 said...

That park is very pretty! I'm glad you are getting to spend a lot of quality time with your mom! I'm sure you are all having a blast.

Me~Kelly said...

i still love that last pic best - classic!

i see now where Taylor gets her posing skills from :)