Taylor and I were visiting with my Aunt Yolanda the other day....along with my Uncle Mike and my mom. I was saying how I had been working with Taylor with her ABC's, etc. but how lately she just is not interested in that kind of "play / learning" time with me. I was telling a story of how Ben and I were in the car with Taylor, earlier this year, and Taylor was asking what random letters would spell. I said why don't you spell your name...and she said "T a y l o r." Ben and I were surprised because she just knew it, and she had been so opposed to any practicing of those types of things. As we were having this conversation, Taylor said, "I can spell stop too...s t o p...and I can spell it backwards...p o t s." Again, completely new information. Later I asked her and what shape is the stop sign and she knew that too, "Octagon." I'm glad she is paying attention; and although she doesn't want to sit down and practice, she is learning and retaining information.
1 comment:
and that is all the matters! :)
Post a Comment