Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fire Safety

Ben created some large piles for burning. Lucky for him, he has a good friend with fire trucks. These piles were huge! I was so glad Brandon and Holly came over with their trucks. I was impressed at how well these fires warmed up the whole area. More than that, I was relieved to have the comfort of a fire expert nearby as these were burning. Ben stayed up till midnight making sure everything was safe.

Grandpa did not hesitate to help out when it came to lighting up a pile...
Taylor had fun running around, playing outside on the hill while the "fiwers" were burning..."look fiwer" she said.I don't think these pictures actually capture the size of these fires.
Taylor says, "I can do it" as she carries her daddy's shirt back up to the truck...
Taylor says, "look...oh, a giant fiwer. A fiwer! Oh...look, a giant fiwer." It was a nice evening watching the fires burn and visiting with friends. I could have done without all the smoke, but it was still a nice evening.

No comments: