I do always appreciate the great sacrifices my husband makes on behalf of our family. He allowed some lucky deer to live another week while he took us to the coast. This being one of the great weekends for deer hunting, I know I am lucky to have been able to see the ocean. Even more grateful that grandma wanted rocks from the ocean to complete her fireplace and we were "needed" to help find these special rocks. I love it when a plan comes together!
It was a long drive. Conveniently enough, it took us right past Ikea. Of course we stopped. It was a good place to take a little stretch from sitting in the truck. We arrived at the house on the beach very late, but it was nice to hear the waves crashing. Taylor was a little concerned. She said they sounded like thunder. Although we had eaten, Taylor was "so hungry" when we arrived. She placed both her little hands on Ben's face and said, "daddy...look at me...I so hungry."
Our first morning, Taylor enjoyed helping her daddy build a nice fire. Here she tosses a little log (stick) on the fire.

We visited the Harbinger winery for a little tasting...always nice. We were told of some whales swimming offshore near two big rocks. The whales were seen a week earlier and we were hoping they would still be there feeding.

They were there! It was great fun to see the humpback whales. They were close, rising up enough for us to see them pretty regularly. Very cool!
That evening grandma and grandpa arrived. Taylor was thrilled and prepared for a nice walk with grandma...of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment