Sunday, November 27, 2011

Grandma Peak's 90th Birthday dinner Party

My grandma Peak turned 90 on October 4, 2011. They had an open house the Saturday before, so people could drop by and wish her a happy birthday, have some snacks and visit a bit. On her actual birthday, several of us got together at Olive Garden for a birthday dinner.



90 years is a long time and I still love to look at grandma's pictures and hear stories of when her and my grandpa were first married and traveling to California because he was in the military, with my mom as a small child. Growing up in Wisconsin...moving to California and later to Idaho. My mom talked about her her grandma Emma who was a wonderful christian lady and how my mom remembers her reading her bible. That is just how my grandma is too. I remember her babysitting my brother and me and watching bible studies on TV, or listening to them on the radio. She has always been such a great example and easy to talk to. I'm so glad Taylor gets to enjoy her too, at her "great" grandma's house and play with the same things I played with when I was young.
She just seems timeless and the same great lady she has been my whole life. My grandma is such a wonderful constant in our life...cheerful and fun....we love you grandma Peak.

No comments: