
This is actually the morning of Taylor's 5th birthday party, which was the day before her birthday. Taylor still weighs about 37lbs and is 42 inches tall. She loves to pose for pictures and have me take videos of her putting on a little show with her animals or making up a little song. She doesn't like to practice any type of "school" work like her ABC's or numbers. Occasionally, I'll get her to sit down with me to work on things, but she is just not always that interested. Because of the way her birthday falls, she will not start kindergarten until next Fall. Which is actually kind of nice, since I love having her home with me. She does surprise me from time to time with the things she does know. She pays attention and picks things up, so I'm not too concerned that she doesn't want to practice writing her name or tell me how high she can count. She makes friends easily and likes to play with other children. She is compassionate towards others, when they are sad. She likes to stand out, not always follow or conform to the games or ideas of others, she may make up her own just to be a little different (or not to do what is expected). She loves Sunday School and likes to pray with me. She will sometimes ask me to pray that she has good dreams (which she usually does). She also likes to skip, whistle, wink and snap her fingers at the same time, just to show us she can. She is also a lot of fun to take shopping, and enjoys a "girls night" out (as we call it), even if it's just for a happy meal.

I always take lots of pictures...

My family will indulge my picture taking to a point...

Then they start to get silly sometimes...Taylor and Ben were whispering behind my back on this one...ha ha

We had a nice little birthday party...Anissa, Makenna, and Taylor played downstairs while the adults visited upstairs.

Taylor was telling her grandpa a story...

Ben's Uncle Kim was visiting from Canada, so it was nice to have him over as well.

Daniell and I always try to capture a moment...smile...girls photos op...

Matt and Holly....

Chris and Lorinda, Ricky and Daniell, Matt and Holly, my mom (Judy) and Dave and Jeanette were all over to celebrate Taylor's 5th birthday.

Taylor chose an ice cream cake this year...

After cake she opened gifts...

...and even modeled her new outfit for gymnastics...

Matt and me...it's hard to believe he's 24 since it doesn't seem so long ago he was having a 5th birthday...time goes by so fast...

After the party we played a little poker for fun...



This is Taylor's actual birthday when she really turned 5, the next day.

We offered to take her to breakfast, but all she wanted to do was take her dad to Toys R Us, or Toys On Us, as she was calling it several times that morning.

I love her expression as she opened gifts from Ben and me. This was the much anticipated Ice Dragon...

Ben said she could pick out whatever she wanted at Toys R Us and she picked out a stuffed turtle. So, he said she could pick something else, as well. I was kind of hoping for a motorized jeep or something for her to ride...maybe a scooter. However, Taylor is loving her stuffed animals, so she picked out two more...a Husky and a Little Pet Shop Bear.

Taylor loves her stuffed animals, and I can say that she really does play with all of them. She says she wants to be a pet doctor when she grows up. I try to pull some toys out of rotation, now and then, until she's looking for them and I have to bring them back out. She is only 5 so I guess for now, we will have lots of toys at our house.
1 comment:
Looks like she had a great birthday! She is looking more grown up all the time!
Post a Comment