Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Davenport...November 26, 2011

After we got home from the "holiday" fireworks, Ben suggested having a little "stay-cation" at the Davenport. This is one of my favorite places to visit, especially around the holidays. I love the history and how it has been restored. When I lived in California, I loved to visit the Mission Inn. It all looks so traditional and I love it! We took Taylor to stay at her grandma and grandpa's with her cousins (Kimberly and Yeo Won), so we knew she would be having lots of fun too! We checked in and then walked around downtown, did a little shopping and had appetizers. The Davenport boasts very comfy beds. It's true, they are quite wonderful. I did love the European soaking tub and the nice big shower...
For dinner we walked over to the Steam Plant. Great service and great food!

We then walked around the hotel and took some pictures by one of the ball rooms.
A nice sunny morning...

We were very impressed with this "Boody Mary" bar. The nice gentleman there walks you through all the options. First you pick your vodka which ranged from flavors like bacon, salmon, cucumber, etc. Then juices tomato, spicy tomato, clamato, all the different spices and veggies. Very impressive.
We had a nice little breakfast and headed over to pick up our girl.
When we arrived, Kimberly and Taylor were playing a game.
I loved my little stay-cation with my favorite guy. It was great to have such a nice time and then not have to drive to far to get home. We should do this more often.

No comments: