Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Birthday my Brother

It is my "little" brother Chris' birthday...the whole world celebrates as he turns 33 today. I thought it would be fun to post some old pictures of us. However, when I had this brilliant idea, Ben and Taylor were already asleep, so I did not want to start making a lot of noise. I just grabbed one old album. Above is Christmas 1993, Chris (17), Me (23) and Matt (6). Below is my brother's 18th birthday...
I remember I was driving home from work when I had the idea to take my brother to Las Vegas to surprise our half sister Melissa for Chris' 18th birthday. It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive. Little Matt stayed home with my mom. The traffic was crazy...bumper to bumper at about 80mph. About an hour away from Vegas, it all stopped. Needless to say, we did not get to Vegas before midnight. It was fun to find Melissa (who was working as a cocktail waitress at the Rio at the time) and surprise her. The above picture was obviously taken 1-1-94, before we drove home in the morning. That's a lot of driving...things I would not do today...youth :)

Now my brother lives in Missouri and has been happily married to Rena for 12 years. They have three boys Mason (11), Jacob (10), and Ashton (4). Happy Birthday Chris!

No comments: